Translate

Sunday 6 March 2016

The Slammer

Watching these guys hit the ball at Doral, I find myself in awe of what they can do.  Some of the shots they are able to pull off--not just majestic drives--are mind boggling.  That bunker shot Adam Scott hit yesterday--I think it was on seventeen-- was out of this world.  They certainly seem to be playing a game with which I'm not familiar.

But it was interesting to note that Johnny Miller, who has seen all the greats play since the sixties, when asked to remark about the way these guys were striking it, said he had played a few rounds with Samuel Jackson Snead and has never seen anyone hit it any better than the Slammer did.

These modern players are fantastic, but according to Johnny, the Slammer was as good a ball striker as any of them.  I, for one, am inclined to believe him.

No comments:

Post a Comment